Skip to main content

Blue Bicycle - word of knowledge

 Good morning 😀

On this blog l do my very best to keep up with the evidence of the Spirit of the Living God alive and well in our daily life.

Here is another l clearly forgot to record.

This scenario happened during my last teaching time at the public school l taught at for 8 years. A young lad from grade 8 asked me about the various gifts of the Spirit.

I replied to him stating that there are 9 gifts of the Spirit.. He asked me sir what is the gift of a word of knowledge. I replied to him saying well my boy it's when God gives you information about something in someone else's life and when you speaker words that you have been given,  the person is shocked that you knew something about them that no one else did. What do you mean sir? To which I replied I saw you riding your blue Bicycle on the weekend and you were coming down a hill, a steep hill, and a bus came up behind you and nearly ran you over. You literally had to swerve out the way and you crushed onto the verge on the side of the road. You were not badly injured.

When I told the boy this information he literally burst out crying and his legs went weak. On his haunches he looked up at me and said sir you have just described what happened to me on Saturday. I was riding my blue Bicycle down the hill here in Morningside, and a bus almost knocked me over. I had to swerve on to the verge and I fell onto the grass. How did you know that? To which I replied I did not know that, but that is how the gift of the Spirit, a word of knowledge functions. 

I was as shocked as the young lad as I had never operated in the gift of knowledge ever. I was just trying to give him an illustration of how it works when the story I used in my illustration was actually a scenario he had found himself in a few days before. 

Her incredible is that, that young boy will never forget that lesson and nor will l.

The gifts of the spirit as recorded in the Bible are still functioning well in those that believe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPRISE INCREASE

God is faithful So here is the short version of what happened Please note upfront: These stories are shared not to impress anyone, but rather to impress upon every one that Almighty God is alive and well One Sunday evening I was watching a Joyce Meyer message. I t was all about her mission work and the one orphanage here in Southern Africa. I felt led in my spirit man to set up a 1 year stop order of R200pm into that orphanage.  I jumped online and did exactly that.  The next day, Monday morning, my immediate manager walks into my office and sits down. He says hey Gav, I have noticed you are always available for call outs etc. I am increasing your salary by R2000 pm How great is our God (Please consider keeping this Blog active during these cataclysmic times of mudslides, family deaths, multiple spiritual attacks, and major loss of income.   paypal.me/gavinstone8  OR Nedbank, cheque, 1192643046, bcode 198765  sincerely appreciated)

"SIR ! I had a dream Kairos is the name"

Duplicate post, but we'll worth the read of what the Spirit of God is doing 😀👍🏽 During my previous 8-year teaching stint at a local high school a bunch of naturally musically talented students started a band. I occupied a large classroom at the very far end of the school property. Matthew, Gareth, Dylan, Wesley to name a few from memory. Long story short, they jammed very very well together making their own songs etc. The call for a name for the band came and we all had to think about it. Being Christ focused we prayed. A few days later l was at a Sunday night preach at the mushroom 🍄 farm, aka Hillcrest Christian fellowship, aka Cityhill 😀 A guest speaker, Greg Haswell spoke on "Kairos times", special moments in time with God. It was revelation knowledge on steroids for me...  I felt very very strongly in my heart that the band's name is to be "Kairos" .  Come Monday morning back at school Wesley rushes into the classroom and says ,"sir sir l had

GROWLING LIKE A DOG - Mozam

 Capturing Mission moments with Yeshua Whilst on mission near the border of Mozambique and Swaziland, a small group of us took to riding mountain bikes along well worn paths between distant hut clusters.  On one occasion a local young lady stopped to chat with us. We mentioned we were believers in Jesus and we would love to pray with local people who may be in need of prayer. She spoke Portuguese and luckily one of the School students with us was proficient in the language.  She asked us to please follow her to her dwelling place. She said two people needed  God's healing desperately.  As we came near her home, we stopped at her request at a hut alongside the path. To our shock and horror there was an elderly lady on her hands and knees, rocking backwards and forwards, whilst foaming at her mouth 😳 The young lady told us it was her mother. She was deaf and dumb. We jumped off our bikes and slowly approached this precious lady. We sat next to her and just waited upon the Spirit of